Sunday 7 September 2008

Let's Play Libraries



When I was a child there were three jobs I wanted. In no particular order they were:

1. Stationery shop owner
2. Shoe shop owner
3. Librarian

AS it turns out in some mis-matched jumbled way, a journalist who has a weakness for shoes sort of hits the spot.

It also meant that as a child I spent most of my spare time doing the following:

1. Writing stories
2. Dressing up in my mum's shoes
3. Playing libraries

My youngest son has inherited just one of those spare-time activities. Thankfully it's not the dressing up in mum's shoes. No, it's playing libraries.
After church the stall was set.
I had to keep going out of one door and through another with my pile of books.
We play the old fashioned way (can't you see my influence) we have a ticket in each book. No (boring) fast swipe card for us.

Happy Days.

3 comments:

Darla said...

See what happens when I poke around on your wardrobe blog? I wind up here too. I love the idea of playing libraries.

Our libraries gave up the cards and went to a slip of paper glued into the books, then electronic of course.

I have some of those old pockets that were glued into the front of the book tho. Do you need a couple?

Darla

Heather Bestel said...

I always played school. I was the teacher (always) and all my little friends were the pupils. When they got fed up and went home, my dolls and teddies became the pupils.

On more than one occassion I have found Zoe playing school and guess who HAS to be the teacher!

She has also taken to making her own magazines and it made me remember my own handmade comics of long long ago (I'd totally forgotten about them) if only I had kept them - what memories.

Unknown said...

very interesting blog